Monday, October 18, 2010

coffee, coffee...

So I've been getting my caffeine fix in a different locale these days. One that serves beautiful salads and creamy americanos that buzz me just right. Meshugga Cafe has been my spot to geek out for the last week or so.

While I feel a bit like a trader to the crew at my corner Starbucks the new place has plenty of perks. Despite a drive across town and a slightly crummy parking situation this locally owned cafe is appealing to me.

The fresh salads and hot sandwiches definitely make it a nice little blogging nook or hideaway from the mainstream crowd. You won't find drip roasted coffee though. Esspresso rules the roost here and it's pretty damn good. In fact Wayne from the Flaming Lips even shot a tweet out onto the interwebs while having a cup from Meshuggah last month as the Lips passed through St. Louis.

So if you find yourself in the "show me" state and near St. Louis the Meshuggah Cafe is a must for a chat with friends, a great lite lunch and no doubt one of the boldest cups of coffee in town.

And make sure you get upstairs. That's where all the cool kids are.

Peace...









0 comments:

Post a Comment