Friday, March 5, 2010

Coffee, Radiohead and Airplanes...

The Starbucks is calm today. They dripped espresso as the bold this morning and I'm digging it...it seems earthy and full. It's a Radiohead morning...Amnesiac...and as Pack like Sardines in a Crushed Tin Box beats through my phones I'm trying to tone out the gossip of the middle age crew that sits in the corner every morning. But I don't really mind...I'm working on interacting. Socializing. Realizing I'm no better, no less...some days I have to keep from living in my own little world...forcing myself to interact with a another person instead of playing a game of hide and seek with the rest of the human race...So as the baby boomers talk about college basketball and the price of luxury cars I take a deep breath and try and take in some of their energy, their presence.

I'm flying down south for a wedding this weekend. Travel is always fun, but I can't help but feel a little out of place at weddings. Everyone gets lubed up with booze to ease the awkwardness of having to spend an entire evening with a bunch of people they don't know or haven't seen in years and that's a luxury I can't afford. Alcohol and me don't mix, coming to this conclusion has probably saved my life. Some people don't understand why it makes me uncomfortable, but none the less it's something I have to deal with when I go to big celebratory events. Anyhow, I'll call my sponsor and talk it over before the big dance.

But I am looking forward to eating some seafood!

mellow

0 comments:

Post a Comment